Now that I have finished my report cards, I've returned to my quest for organization. I bought some more storage drawers, and they have already made a difference. I have a drawer for papers to be copied, one for game boards, and one for lit activities - now rather than having to search in my cabinets for these things when I need them, they are handy all of the time. I also made 3 drawers for substitute teachers. One drawer has the basic sub information: class lists, school information, student medical concernes, etc. The next drawer is for lesson materials (for prearranged substitute situations), and the last drawer is for extra activities for a sub if they need it. That drawer includes geometric coloring/pattern pages, extra Scholastic News issues, word finds, math games, and other similar activities. Knowing that I have all of this prepared for a sub has lifted a huge wight off of my shoulders! In addition to my new system, I also have my "day of the week system," so subs can just pull the drawer for that day of the week and have the materials right there for them to use. I have had a sub tub, but I think this will make it much easier for me to be prepared for those last minute situations.
I also came up with a new way for my students to turn in their work, that I'm excited to start using tomorrow. It should make recording the work completed and passing it back out much simpler. I'll post pics tomorrow~